Like many other websites, the Canadian Athletics Coaching Centre gathers information about how visitors use our website. In general you can visit many of our web pages without registering or providing us with any personal information.
Some of the information collected does not identify who you are. Other information, such as your domain name or IP address, may identify you depending on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider; you may wish to ask them about their policies and practices.
While we make no attempt to link the information captured to the identity of individuals, the information captured does identify the following:
- The internet domain and IP address from which you access our website.
- The country in which the IP address is associated with.
- The duration of your visit on the website
- The specific pages that were viewed (by number of requests only)
- If you linked to the Canadian Athletics Coaching Centre web site from another web site, the address of that web site. This information is used to help us make our site more useful to our audiences by learning about the number of visitors to our site, and by monitoring traffic patterns and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about specific individuals and their visits. Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except Canadian Athletics Coaching Centre personnel who need the information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to a request.
In order to better understand your preferences and to better serve you, we may combine information you give us online with other information from other Canadian Athletics Coaching Centre sources (i.e. newsletter, event registration or Coaching Centre Discussion Forum). Using Information
We may use the information we collect to:
- Customize and/or personalize your communications.
- Communicate with you about your purchases, account information, resources, and events.
- Improve our website, discussion forum, resources and/or events.
- Administer contests, promotions, surveys, or other website features.
Security on the Canadian Athletics Coaching Centre is very important and as such we employ many security features to keep and maintain all information (including online payment, financial information and personal details) private. Privacy and Links to Other Sites
If you should choose to provide us with personal information—-as in an e-mail or by filling out a form and submitting it to us through our website—-we will use that information to respond to your message and to help us get the information you have requested. The University of Alberta does not collect personal information for commercial marketing or distribution to any private organizations. Messages sent via the Internet can be intercepted. If you are concerned about sending your personal information to us via the Internet, you can use another method such as fax or regular mail. Sharing Information
The Canadian Athletics Coaching Centre does not rent or sell your information to any outside parties. All person information that you provide voluntarily will remain confidential and used exclusively by the Canadian Athletics Coaching Centre. Discussion Forum
If you should choose to join this discussion forum/group, we may ask that you volunteer personal information such as your name and email address. This information will not be distributed to other organizations; however, some of the information provided (i.e. email address) may be visible to other discussion forum/group members.
Transactions Where Information Enters a System of Records
Where personal information is provided that enters a system of records, it is collected in compliance with section 33 (c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. The Canadian Athletics Coaching Centre collects, creates and maintains information for the purposes of registration and other activities directly related to its Coaching Centre programs and may be disclosed to academic and administrative units according to Coaching Centre policy and in accordance with federal and provincial reporting requirements. Information collected is only kept for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. For further information on the use or disclosure of this information call The Canadian Athletics Coaching Centre at 780-492-1370. Policy Changes
section that explains other terms governing the use of our website. Questions and Feedback